Video of Catching a Ride


Want to know what it's like really like to hitchhike? Join me on the roadside as I philosophize about French Canadian women and catching rides to funerals... and then get picked up by a French Canadian couple, my new friends, Eric and Martine.

When Isabelle (the beautiful French Canadian girl I describe in the following video) saw this, she wrote, 

"You know what is funny about this, the way you write and the way you tell your stories, is the way I talk and the way I tell stories, but in French. I've showed the video to some friends, and they were laughing because the story I've told them, was the exact story you told in the video. How odd is that !  

Well I hope to meet you on the road again !

Take care,


Isabelle." 

And Eric and Martine, who picked me up and took me to a traditional Quebecois concert (some footage included at the end, so hang in there), invited me the next day to go wild mushroom gathering and eat moose fondue. So this short thirty minute ride ended up opening a beautiful window into French Canadian life. I managed to capture a little bit of it- the roadside, our ride together, our evening picnic by the lake and the concert - but then it was time to turn the camera off and just enjoy it. So the moose fondue must be left to your imagination :) 

Music by Quebecois artistes: Eric Guay; La Botine Souriante

No comments: